Made these individual chocolate coffee cakes for Sunday Dinner From Scratch. They were pretty wonderful. So I thought I’d share them with you. The cake is not too sweet- just right to balance with the icing. It is magically sweet and filled with chocolate flavor. The longer they set the fudgier they get.
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 lb unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 tablespoon Heavy Cream
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
1 cup strong brewed coffee
1/2 cup sour cream
1 stick butter (1/2 cup) melted
2 large eggs
1/4 Lb Unsweetened chocolate- melted
***** To melt the chocolate, I first chopped it up and then used my home-made double boiler to melt it. Gotta use the Paula Dean Pan Ya’ll.
1) In a food processor or blender combine condensed milk, sugar, cream, and salt. Slowly add melted chocolate until combined. Set aside and keep at room temperature.
2) Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line cup cake pans or use these cute little ramekins. I got mine on Amazon.com for about 18.00- But I bought 12. Gotta alotta kids. Just spray them with some Pam.
3) Stir together all dry ingredients.
4) Melt your chocolate. Again.
6) Add your dry ingredients and continue mixing until you have no lumps. In this picture I still have lumps. Keep whisking . It makes for a beautifully smooth cake later.
8) Fill your chosen container 3 /4 full. Bake about 20 minutes for cupcakes, a little longer for a ramekins. Insert a toothpick in the middle. When its clean- its done. Watch it though, dont over bake.
9) Let them cool completely. Then ice these babies generously. Let it just run over the sides. Best thing about these is that they are even better when they are a day old.
10) Give your honey the remaining icing for extra points or just pour it over Ice cream.